Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Off We Go To Neverland...

I used to have nightmares in college. Pretty bad ones that were semi-consistent, maybe a couple of times a week. I never figured out why, but one helpful piece of advice I received was to envision your happiest place on earth right before you fell asleep.
Every time, I would envision myself walking down Main Street at the Magic Kingdom in Disneyworld.
It worked. All my nightmares went away and never came back.

Some of my fondest memories as a child are of our few lucky trips to Disneyworld. Riding the Pirates of the Caribbean with my parents and sister over and over again, swimming at the hotel pool like a "big girl," watching parades and shows and seeing characters that I thought were truly "real." Picking out that one, special souvenier at, what I thought was, the fanciest shop I had ever walked into. Crying on the boat as we floated away from the Magic Kingdom for the last time, not sure I'd ever see it again in my lifetime.

I never thought I'd be so lucky as to get to go with my very own family. I am so grateful for this adventure we leave on tomorrow morning. Grateful for Matt and I to be able to afford to do this, despite this year's challenges. Grateful to have two, excited and healthy kids who will no doubt love every second of every minute of the trip. Grateful to have two healthy parents to go with us, watching their grandkid's faces, seeing everything Disney as brand new through their amazed eyes. Grateful for a sister and boyfriend who love to hang out with us, even without kids, and enjoy the fun and excitement of us all being in a magical place together.

So off we go to our own personal "Neverland." Memories will surely be made, perhaps the earliest and most magical ones Lucy will ever remember. Tommy will take it all in with wonder and awe, his smart little two year old brain soaking in all the stimulation that awaits.

Wish us luck! We are so very lucky!

6 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Ann said...

You guys will have a fantastic time...we did the Disney trip when Clare was almost 4 and she really believed we were eating breakfast at Cinderella's castle,etc.,etc.,....can't wait to see pictures....safe travels and fun times!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger meg said...

WOOOO! Fire. up.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger MB said...

Have a great time.....so many wonderful things to do. Enjoy every moment, it is going to go by so quickly. You are so lucky to be going with your whole family. Everyone will walk away with priceless memories! Safe travels!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Bon voyage! Annie knocked on your door around 6:00 tonight to wish Lucy a happy trip - sorry to miss you. Have a wonderful time (I know you will!) and bring back all the princessy details!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

have fun!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Good luck for a great trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger