Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Can't Stop the Dance...

Just as many parents get excited about their child learning to walk, I was excited about a Lucy milestone yesterday. We had our block party last night, which was a huge success. I told Lucy earlier in the day of this party and by "quiet time" she was working on some sort of dance with her ghetto blaster* in the basement:

"Mom? I am going to do a dance show at the party tonight. Can you bring a few chairs around? Watch this one, mom...I like to call this "the cowboy."
(Does fully choreographed dance moves)
"Now mom? Can you get me some paper? I need to make tickets."

Sure enough, she brought the tickets, ghetto blaster and her dancing feet to the block party. Sadly, the older girls had their own plan, while belting out the Jonas Brother's lastest tune on the porch with a real radio. But that didn't stop Lucy...she recruited Tommy and her friend Annie to dance-off to "the cowboy song" and didn't mind that I was her only audience.

*And by "ghetto blaster," we are talking the plg radio toy she has had since she was 6 months old.






5 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

awe that's adorable.
I love when they dance- so sweet.
Your neighbourhood looks like a special place.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger meg said...

That's an awesome story. I would have been front and center for the 'Cowboy' dance-off.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

This was a great block party. It is great to have all of these fun neighbors/friends.

(This is the only comment that I have left in months - It is an honor to follow your blog - I am so sure!!!)

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Megz said...

Hmmm...that EGR fireman needs to lay off the sauce.

That's all I got.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger amanda said...

hahaha! Too funny.

That is the perfect neighborhood. Seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger