Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Best Errand Ever...

Yesterday morning, Tommy and I went shopping to pick out a new backpack for nursery school. And by "Tommy and I" I mean "Tommy."
The boy had a LOT of opinions about things. Once I talked him out of the ridiculous Kung Fu Panda ugly red backpack, we moved on to the cute, little, plain, sporty backpacks.

"Tommy? How about this cute blue one? You love blue!"
"How about the red one?"
"But blue is your favorite color!"
"I want red."
"You are sure you want red? You usually love blue."
"Yep."
(Can you tell which one I preferred?)

So the red backpack went home with us, and I currently have two adorable backpacks being monogrammed at the stationary shop in town.
I DO NOT want summer to end (do not get me started on my self-imposed pressure to get to the pool 3-4 more times between now and Labor Day), but imagining dropping off two cute kids at school in monogrammed backpacks made me pretty excited for fall for about 1.2 seconds.

4 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger amanda said...

You are too funny. I had no idea that people north of the Mason-Dixon line actually monogrammed things. I am probably the only person down here without a monogrammed beer cozie, handbag, beach bag, make-up bag, coasters, guest bath hand towels, etc. etc. etc. Don't get me started on the baby stuff.

On a completely different note... I'm getting fired up about pre-school too. And a little terrified at the ugly crying I'm going to be doing in front of all the other moms.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger meg said...

Poor Tomma! NURSERY SCHOOL!? How about he just comes to my house instead. haha - no sense. I was watching old videos last night of him as a crawling little baby. So dang cute!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh man...can't wait to see those videos! Are you bringing them to Disney??
Amanda - feel free to call me while sobbing, pulling out of the preschool parking lot. I am just saying, I may be your creepy internet friend, but I can definately relate. ha!

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Did you bring up nursery school?!?

Oh no you didn't!

I can't take it...oh...here it comes...WATERWORKS!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger