Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, July 28, 2008

Camping...

We headed out camping this past weekend for the first time in over a year. It was....interesting. I am going to summarize it as a haiku-type poem...

Camping
No sleep, six hours in car
Sweating
Four actual hours of fun

And today? Everyone slept until 9 a.m. (no joke...world record for this house...), Tommy and I have diarrhea, we have been super low key and I don't even feel a little bit guilty about it.

Fire up for another camping trip in two weeks!
I need the next 13 days to will myself to get behind this trip.

4 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Hahahahahaha.......

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Love the haiku! maybe your next camping trip can be summarized as more of a limerick (but hopefully not an epic!). Feel better!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Dina said...

As someone who camps pretty regularly, and does so mainly because it's one of Hubby's favorite things to do and not because it's something that's necessarily on the top of my list of things I'd chose to do with some free time, I found this entry hilarious. I'm not even sure why. Here's to a better camping experience on your next trip! :)

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

hmmmm...sounds..uh....fun?

hope you & tommy are back to "normal" soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger