Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, July 14, 2008

BACK, I Say!

Seriously...could I write or obsess more over the drama that was our front yard this past winter? I mean enough is enough...EXCEPT TO SAY (ha!)...

While we were on vacation, some friends of ours parked their car at our house to go walk to the 4th of July fireworks. As they were hanging around our front yard, a couple walked by and proclaimed, "We just have to tell you...we find your yard to be absolutely stunning. Just gorgeous!"

I told Matt that story the other day and he just stood their beaming, with a twinkle in his eye. Oozing with the similar feeling of pride and joy as he had the day he graduated from nursing school at the University of Michigan. And while we never spoke of that moment, I feel like in his head, the dialogue went something like this:

"Screw you, demolished water pipes. You may have smashed our yard's hopes and dreams...and money to buy Christmas presents (and that year's sales bonus')...but damnit! The yard is back. The yard is BACK!"
(cue tear running down face....)

2 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger meg said...

haha - ABSURD

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Megz said...

But if one knows Matt and Sarah, there is very little that might bring as much joy as this particular type of compliment.

:)
Just wish you had a picture of Matt's face, though I didn't really need it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger