Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, June 02, 2008

See, Sarah of December 12, 2007? All Better....

Remember the saga that was the crushed water pipes of December 2007?
I can now giggle at the PLG Christmas tree lights, shining through the window in the photo.
I picture myself weeping softly on the couch, staring out at the drama. Fears of never ever being able to pay for children's colleges, any family vacations, and this past year's Christmas gifts were crushed with every swoop of that damn digger in my yard.
The peeing, on day #4 of no water, at the DeKokers. The poo-ing in Elliot and Olivia's bathroom as they got ready for school at 8 a.m.
Absurd...
Well, my friends...we are back. As predicted, with two type-A personalities running this household, the yard is back to what it was. In fact, I would argue it looks even better than years past. If our camera was not on the fritz, I would have posted pics of our luxurious new yard. Sadly, I cannot do that at this time. Just trust me on this...it looks good!
Shout outs to Patrick, Shawn, Darrell, Shelly, and of course, Matt, for all the assistance and sweat put into making it look luxurious again.
Our goal every year is to have our yard looking "summer ready" by Lucy's birthday. She turns four on Friday.
"Bye bye!" creepy, large 10 foot trench and mound of dirt I have been staring at for 5 months.
Welcome back, green lawn.
Oh, and somehow, we were able to pay for Christmas gifts, Disney plane tickets, AND the saga (thank you, refinanced house!).
However, I'm just saying Tomma better keep dribbling that basketball because we are on the lookout for scholarships, people, SCHOLARSHIPS!

3 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger amanda said...

haha! You are too funny. Isn't it nice, though, to be able to look back and giggle a little (you, not me) at the situation. I so know that feeling - like the whole world is coming down around you and feeling like you'll never get back on your feet again.

E & I try and do that a lot... remind ourselves how lucky we are (in a particular moment)- oh, remember the ford probe, with the broken exhaust dragging (dramatically and totally ridiculously and don't ask me how) out from under the side of the car, spraying sparks all over the ice crusted parking lot of GVSU?? haha!!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Ok, I forgot to add... I'm totally fired up to see some birthday party photos!! Woo Hoo!! Can't wait to hear about the birthday party!

ps. Have you heard SAJ is putting together a party website - with cool themes and fun stuff like that?? Do you read her stuff? Or am I just rambling about a stranger?

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yes! I did know she is going that. I love it and I love her graphics so I am intrigued...intrigued!
Yes, we have to get the camera thingy fixed by this weekend for b-day pics! Yikes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger