Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Friday, June 06, 2008

Here She Comes...

6:37 a.m. Sunday, June 6, 2004

Dialated to 9. Finally have the epidural. Trying to rest up to start pushing, but too excited to really sleep.
I get to meet her in a couple of hours...
I don't even know she has big, huge brown eyes yet.

6:37 a.m. Friday, June 6, 2008

Big, huge brown eyes about one inch from my face.
"Mom? Are you awake?"

"Yeah...did you remember it's your birthday? You're 4 now!"

"I am? Yeah...I know! I have been dancing in my room all morning!"

5 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Lucy! Four is GREAT! Wow, that post got me all teary...Every birthday is so wonderful but so bittersweet.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Happy Birthday Lucy!! Have a great day!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

Happy Birthday, Lucy!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

awe...what a sweet post.
happy (be-lated) bday lucy!!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Big brown eyes, indeed.
What a sweets.

I'll forever have the image of her BUTT-HAPPY grin--while sitting in the middle of the parachute--ingrained in my mind...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger