Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Another Post About Randomness...

1. It feels really good to work on something that I feel I am good at. Maybe better than the average person. I am using my "grown up" brain this week, helping a friend create her website and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I also have a potential part-time gig cropping up by the end of summer. We will see if it happens but I am more intrigued by it than I can honestly say I have been about any work since "da Luce" came into the world.
2. Lucy has a busy summer with two camps that collide together in June and July for three mornings per week. She is handling it like a champ, actually. As for me and the Tomma, we have been enjoying a large amount of what I call "Momma/Tomma time." Although the time is admittedly filled with a few errands (the boy actually LIKED Bed, Bath and Beyond yesterday...he is "a differnt"), we are also enjoying library classes, farmer's market, dancing in the driveway without "sissy" barrelling by with her bike/scooter/etc, pool visits, and ticklefests on the family room floor. I think we are both getting a kick out of this time, just the two of us.
3. I better shut the hell up. If I'm going to complain about my muffin top, then I better stop sabotaging my hard core daily workout by eating Cool Ranch Doritos at 10 p.m. I am just sayin'....it's getting me no where.
4. I am on BOOK #3 for me - just in the past two weeks!!! This is HUGE for me. I put down the US Weekly...I picked up another real book. I delete the Real World. I picked up another real book. Things are happening, people...
5. Did anyone see this guy on Oprah yesterday? It was a rerun from October and I had missed it somehow but it had me in tears and is very powerful. I recommend watching it.
6. I am getting my haircut tomorrow. Two sitters and about 12 phone calls later, it is happening. I will never make an appointment at 12 noon on a weekday again. Way too much effort. Even for my ever-so-lovely Mariska Hartigay wanna-be hairstyle.
7. I am sunburn. I have no one but myself to blame for this. Apparently I think I am too cool for SPF 30 when I have blazing white shoulders and thighs. Now they are blazing red. Next thing you know I will start spraying "Sun In" in the hair. You know, for that orange-tinged fried summer hair look. Hotness...

4 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Random comments: the Oprah thing had Jason and I bawling at our computer screen a couple months ago, too; good luck with the haircut; I, too, love Cool Ranch Doritos; please tell me you've started David Sedaris' Me Talk Pretty One Day. I expect to be called so you can read the best parts aloud to me.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger amanda said...

A list for a list...
1. You are too funny... but seriously, stay AWAY from the sun in!
2. Muffin top... right. With all the crazy work-outs you do I think a few doritos are allowed. Although, cool ranch?
3. What'cha readin'? I've got some good ones if you need some ideas.
4. My in-laws told me about "that guy" and I'm totally bummed that I missed it.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

You can watch that guy from my link! Scroll down the page and you can listen to his original lecture.
I know...Cool Ranch is ridic! Oh, and I am back to the cool whip. Absurd.
Yes, I have started 'Me talk pretty one day' and would love any more ideas!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Here's a few good ones...
The Glass Castle & Running w/ Scissors... both memoirs, both crazy.
She's Come Undone, Fall on Your Knees, and Prep... a couple of my favorites.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger