Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

And So It T'Was a Sunday at Costco...

O.k...the fighting couples at Costco had a LANDSLIDE victory over all other topics so those shall wait for a rainy day. Or for a day I am feeling a discussion about pedophiles..whichever happens first.

I headed out to Costco on Sunday afternoon sans family. It was lovely...quite relaxing, actually. As I enter Costco and start making my way up and down aisles I start to feel it...the tension. The crabbiness....the fury...

One woman to her husband: "John! (waving arm furiously towards her) We are LEAVING!" (eye roll)

Random panicked woman in a wheelchair to her husband at checkout: "They don't take credit here! Do you have your debit card?!!"
Husband: "Uhh...they take CASH don't they? I have CASH!" (again, more eye rolling and head shaking....)

Heaven forbid this woman wants a lovely Liz Claiborne cardigan sweater with NO TAG.
NO TAG YOU SAY???!! HOW DARE SHE!!!
Husband: "Great...now they have to go check on the price."
Wife: "But it's only $14.97! And it's LIZ CLAIBORNE!"
While price check is occuring (and by price check, I mean woman with a limp is running like mad to the back of the store with fire in her eyes), the husband is proceeding to look around at everyone in line like, "Can you get a load of this one? And I'm the lucky bastard stuck with her."

Once I get out of the Liz Claiborne hell, I exit into the parking lot where I think I am home free from the tension that is Costco. But not yet! Oh no!

As I approach my car and start to put items in the trunk, I notice a family staring at me. The have a new baby being held by the mom. The dad is putting items in the car next to me. I got the feeling I walked up on something.
Mom holding baby says something.
Husband: "What's that?"
Woman: "Nothing! I was talking to MY SON!"
Ooooh boy...here we go.

So what's the story? Is this how errand running rolls on a Sunday? Is there something about Costco that takes people to their wit's end?
Perhaps I have never noticed this before because Matt and I have been doing our own tunnel vision sweat-fest at Costco (o.k., I'll admit...with some eye rolling) while managing the kids and grabbing 542 rolls of toilet paper. I don't know...
What do you think?
Is this the norm?
Or do you all head out to run errands with love in your hearts and a twinkle in your eye?

7 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger meg said...

I dont think I'm the demographic...I've got nothing but a twinkle in my Kweesh loving eye.

(haha)

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Nine Months And Forever said...

I am the annoying reader who never comments.
I am coming out and telling the TRUTH! I read DAILY!!!! :) Maria

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Nine Months And Forever said...

More honesty....I helped start a MOM CLUB and I'm not even a MOM! Read more at www.ninemonthsandforever.blogspot.com
:) Maria

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Seriously, like I said, every time I go there is some sort of crazy person wigging out at their spouse. Costco... it brings out the anger.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Ha, Ha...my favorite part..."It's 14.97 and it is Liz Claiborne!!"
:-) At least Costco is better than Walmart...that is where the real fun (and freak shows)are residing!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I know it..the woman was so plg and thought it was such a hot deal...bless her heart...

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Megz said...

I think the farm of caskets at the Exit just put people in a bad mood. Whole time they're there...they just anticipate death staring at them as they leave the store.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger