Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Tuesday Thoughts of the Day...

1. In an effort to disengage from "time sucking" t.v. this summer, I am forcing myself to ignore commericals for potential shows I would normally be into. I am committing to reading a few books this summer (Steph, can we be friends now?) and am NOT clicking the DVR timer setting when I see shows I want to watch. These shows may or may not include: Denise Richard's reality show (she really is a bitch, I watched the first one. Whoops! I slipped!), Real World Hollywood (I am 34...that is just plain absurd), Living Lohan (I am just saying I might have watched the first 10 minutes of this show and Dina Lohan? You scare the living daylights out of me), and Last Comic Standing (although I was quite passionate about that show last year). In the meantime, you will hopefully find me tucked in bed at 9:31 p.m., reading a lovely book that is making me a better person (ummm...falling asleep now....).

2. I took my very first Pilates class this morning. In general, I would say it was a pretty interesting class with lots of core strengthening and stretching. As a self-proclaimed "cardio junkie," it is hard to accept the 45 minute class as a true workout. However, I have a pretty good feeling I will be very sore tonight and I have to admit, my muscles were shaking a little after class. This could be a great new one-day a week class for me.

3. Tommy can't stop talking. New words, new phrases. When we were getting out of the car this morning, I heard someone say, "I like your shirt, Mom!"
I stopped, looked at Lucy and Tommy, and seriously had to ask, "Who said that?" Lucy exclaimed, "Tommy!"
I was all..."Ummm...thanks, Tommy!" and he replied, "You're 'elcome..."
4. So far, Summer 2008 has involved a lot of adult beverages for me. I'm not a big "glass of wine with dinner" type of gal. Mostly, that is because a glass of wine doesn't go real well with chicken nuggets and mac and cheese.
I pretty much only drink with friends on a night out or something. The past two weeks? There are never enough reasons for a drink.
Hey, someone broke out a baby pool? I better grab a beer.
What? You want to stop by? Let me make you a vodka tonic!
Have you tried the new Bud Light lime yet? Oh, let's have one!
It's Summer 2008! Whoooo!

5. Lucy has gathered many "isms" of mine over the past few years. Some have been good, some have been not so good. Last night was a goody....
So we bust in at 6:30 p.m. after a long evening at the pool and everyone is tired and hungry. I crack open some guacamole and chips. We are all kind of mowing on them on the kitchen counter. Lucy all of a sudden says, "Let's take this into the family room and have a little chat."
Now I've done it. I think I've taught her the concept of "Happy Hour."

5 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Too bad I don't live in your 'hood because today we busted out the Slip n Slide and surely that would have justified at least two margaritas!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oooooh! I am excited about your newfound love of reading! David Sedaris? Marley and Me? We will start an Orchard Avenue book club. Kidding! Sort of . . . happy reading!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger meg said...

hahaha - good times.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Ok, I'm with you on the TV stuff... the shows are just so bad. Are you a So You Think You Can Dance fans? I just don't get that show. And I'm wondering if I'm the only one not watching - everyone seems to LOVE it. I also don't get that dancing celebrity show... what's it called? And have you heard about Celebrity Circus? Oh Lord. I mean, where do they hire these people that come up with this crap?

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

ahh you are so funny...
your posts always seem to make me laugh out loud.
I'm with ya on #1- far too much time wasted in front of the t.v.
must read more books this summer.

I love me some cardio too and I also found pilates a tad dull- but I have friends who swear by it.

and I agree-wine and mac & cheese is kinda pointless.
I'm not a big drinker either, but lately I find myself indulging a bit more.
Must be in spirit of summer and feeling foot loose and fancy free.
did I actually just say that?

mmmm guacamole......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger