Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happenings...

This was another exciting week at our house with a few lovely events...and due to the fact that it is Sunday night and I am awaiting my husband's rub-down of "Icy Hot" on my aching legs, I have to make this quick with pics (I know...creepy TMI....).

First...the race! It was a major success! It exceeded expectations in every way...great weather, well-prepared, no major aches or pains, and the adrenaline boost you get from runinng with 14,000 other people. I would write more, but I feel my running partner, Stephanie, really did it justice with her recap of the day and hilarity that ensued during the race. The only thing I want to add is that, at about mile 13, someone was busting out "Whoomp, There it Is!" on their ghetto-blaster and it was all I could do to stay contained and not bust out the running man and/or cabbage patch at that moment. I was so concerned I would waste energy I needed to get through the next 2.5 miles...I held back. It was so hard not to get my jam on right then and there!!

Earlier in the week, Lucy performed in an adorable "spring musical" at her preschool. Look at the little girl in her daisy dress...killin me...




Also, I forget to mention last week I got my haircut...it's quite a bit shorter and I am highly enjoying...check out my large and happy face!




And lastly, Mother's Day! What a nice, fun and relaxing day it has been. A breakfast with family and lazy morning, solo shopping in the afternoon and swimming with the kids tonight...just perfect. My mom and dad gave me the coolest gift...it's a Hummel that my mom found, and it looks exactly like Lucy and Tommy - all the way down to the hairstyles! Mother's Day rules!

4 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Glad to hear the race went well!! So proud!! You're a rockstar, bigtime.

And hello, Lucy's daisy dress... adorable. I'm dieing. Is that from Boden? I almost bought my neice one from there something like that but with a pear on it. haha!

Lastly, the hair. Soo cute. I love it. And it makes me want to chop mine all off again. Love it!!

Happy Mother's Day!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Run, Forest, run!!!

So effin proud of you.
Anxious to catch up in the very near future.
Like in a few hours.
Playground?
You game?

Word.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Meem said...

The whole Mother's Day weekend was a FUN and RELAXING happening! So PROUD that you did the 25K with such a flourish - WOW!
And our brunch and gift giving extravaganza was sooooooo nice.
I felt VERY LUCKY to be the Mom/Meem!!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

You did the race! You rock!

Hummels. My Grandma used to collect those. How sweet!

Love the daisy dress. I can NOT wait for Casey to start the preschool stuff like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger