Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Adorableness is Killing Me....

The adorableness that is the Tomma is just about killing me these days. This boy is hilarious. His latest talent he is "perfecting?" Singing!
He sings everything...favorites include "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Little Duckie Duddle." Also, he's not scared to belt out the Elmo theme song or any other song we listen to in the car, etc.
One would argue that painting a porch and a two-year-old don't mesh real well, but on Saturday morning, Tommy and I hung outside for 45 minutes. I painted the porch and he drew with chalk, singing about everything in Tomma-land.
Monday at the park, the children are flailing and I look and find Tomma sitting on a bench, watching the cars go by and singing songs all by himself, perfectly happy.
He shares with kids wonderfully, worries when "kids are crying," listens to me very well and is easy to redirect if he gets crabby about something. He says "please" and "thank you" and "sorry" all the time.
He knows every neighborhood kid by name and is always running to them for hugs (which even the big kids oblige him on because come on...who can resist the Tomma???).
This boy is absurd!
I have had a few comments from pregnant friends lately to the tune of, "Can I just pop out a Tommy?" Luckily, he is mine ALLLL mine!!!

2 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Nooooo... come on already!! Share the wealth! I need a Tomma! Are there any foods you can recommend to a prego... a begging prego, afraid for her sanity at the thought of two little crazy men running around the house?!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

When I was preggo with the Tomma, I ate a LOT of sweets. That is all I remember...I know! Not helpful! :)
I do recall that Matt lost his job during the pregnancy so I was worried about having a high-strung kid because I was stressed all the time. Ha ha...guess that didn't really happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger