Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Seriously....This DOG!

O.k...seriously...Scout is killing me. She does nothing for me these days. NOTHING. She brings me no joy. She is semi-cute and I occasionally pet her, but other than that, she serves the purpose of a canine vacuum for me at this point.
In fact, I spend most of my attention on her CLEANING UP after her or getting her to stop annoying kids, etc.
I took her for a walk on Saturday and was TRYING to feel the love with her...and then she poo'd on our new basement carpet this morning while we were gone (to her defense, I think she must be ill to do that).
Even still...RIDICULOUS!
Hey there...need to feed two hungry kids, get one in quiet time, change a diaper, one in a nap, switch out laundry, shower and empty the dishwasher? Well SURE..I would LOVE to clean up poo and pee off the basement carpet, as well!
I LOVE MY DOG!!!! I wish I could send her off to a lovely farm..if such a place existed. But the guilt would get to me...

Random side note that has nothing to do with my annoying dog: This morning, as the kids were waving to Matt leaving for work out the front window...Lucy busts out, "Bye Dad! Be brave out on the streets!"
Where the heck does she think we live...Flint?

8 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Oh boy do I feel your pain on the dog-front!! I remember your post from last year. Except I'm on a doggie hiatus (thank god for dog-loving in-laws) right now because of the house being on the market... all I can say is ahhhhhhh! But seriously, the guilt still kills me.

OH, and the Lucy comment... killing me!! What a kid! Where does she get this stuff??

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger meg said...

haha - love the lucy comment!

And your feelings for Scout are enough to hold me off on getting a dog for a long, long time.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Megz said...

After watching Benjamin and Jonathan bask in the glory of Denise and Paul's dog, Brian and I were convinced that a dog was in our more immediate future...but reading this reminds me of two things I already knew about myself:

1. I don't like pet hair. Or pet smell. I think it's gross, and don't want to see it on my kids' toys.

2. I hate to camp.

Not really sure what that last one had to do with the first, but I think I was just feeling so free after admitting my pet disdain, the spirit kinda got me movin.

As for the Lucy comment...it suprises me not in the least. She is hilarious. HILarious. And I have no idea where she gets it. Not a clue.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

lulu told me last week that she wanted a doggie instead of a brother or sister, at the time I thought...hey maybe not such a bad idea.

but on second thought....

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

I feel the same thing about my dog lately.

She's cute and all but she smells non-stop and with my busy life chasing my teenager around...

The other day I forgot to put some dry dog food in her bowl before I left for his game knowing I wouldn't be back til after 7pm and she normally gets fed around 6pm.

When I got home..GARBAGE EVERYWHERE!

Oh..and she smells no matter when we give her a bath or take her to the groomer.

I love Lucy..I really really do.

Oh and my dog smells so I feel the lack of love right there with you.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

ha ha...mine doesn't smell. But she brings me very little joy...very little joy, I say...

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I used to work with you, back when you guys got Scout. And that's back before I had kids too, and our dog, Bella was our first baby. Remember when Sonya and Jeremy used to tell us "oh, just wait until you have kids, you'll be lucky if those dogs get fed!". So true! Our dog barfs somewhere ridiculous in our house at least a couple times a month and its A) never on the hardwood floor, always on carpet B)always on a day when at least one of the kids is having a meltdown. Ugh. I feel your pain.

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger