Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lucky Her, Lucky Me...

I found this t-shirt for Lucy this past weekend. It is a vintage Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs t-shirt. I am seriously jealous. One thing I haven't mentioned here is my love for everything Snow White. I know...I am 34 and it is, in fact, creepy. However, I must tell it like it is and the truth is...I love me some Snow White paraphanalia. Always have - ever since I saw the movie at 2 years old. I wish they made this for grown ups...


They didn't have Disney Stores or anything like that when I was growing up. But one time, for some random reason, Sears department store had Snow White night gowns. My mom snagged me one. I think it was a size 4 or 5 but I wore that dress everyday with joy and glee for many years. I even remember the very day I tried to squeeeeze my arms into the luxurious Snow White puffy sleeves for the last time, realizing that I couldn't fit into it anymore. I sobbed and sobbed...

Another thing going on in my world? I am eating cookies. Lots of them. I have already had 5 today and that is just ridiculous. Hey, I have to indulge in something when I am in training! ha! Here is the recipe for the best cookies I have ever had but I warn you...they will call to you from the kitchen in a high pitched, creepy voice...
"I am good for you! There are oats in me! Do not be afraid! Have another!"

1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups peanut butter
3 eggs
4 cups old fashioned oats (See? Very healthy, indeed!)
2 tablespoons baking soda
1/2 bag mini chocolate chips

Mix together the 1st 4 ingredients. Mix in peanut butter. Add in one egg at a time. Mix together oats and baking soda and add slowly to mix until stiff. Gently mix in chocolate chips.
Make into small, spoon-size balls at least 2 inches apart (they expand!)
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
LUXURIATE WITH THEM WHILE STILL WARM!!

8 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger meg said...

YUM!!!

Don't say "Gently mix in chocolate chips" - haha - I can see you 'gently' mixing with a creepy smerk on your face for no reason.

That shirt RULES!

ps. if I had those cookies in my house, I would eat them all. Actually - I would eat all the luxurious dough before they even got cooked.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

The only thing that stops me from eating the dough is the fact that there are 3 raw eggs in it and it creeps me out! ha ha!

Gently...gently...

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I love the shirt... and I don't think it's creepy that you like Snow White paraphanalia. Do you know the years of hard work put into that movie? Ok, so I just won't go down my "real cartoons are so superior to computer generated" business today. haha! NoSense!! Ok, so yeah, it's not like you have a room filled with Snow White dolls or something, right?

And seriously. 2 CUPS of peanut butter? Unfortunately I am not training for anything except maybe viewings of John and Kate plus 8 marathons. And trust me, I'm having no problems putting the baby weight on. haha! So, yeah, no wonderful "healthy" cookies for me. Only pudding. And cool whip. And birthday cake. AGH!!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Did I ever tell you that Snoe White herself sat down across from me on the bus...my first day as a WDW cast member?

In the words of our dear friend Amber from SNL..."Jealousss?"

:)

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Megz said...

I have J on my hip at the moment. Hence the effed up spelling of Snow White.

Ridic.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yes, you told me this and I tear up with jealousy when I envision that moment...ha ha...

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

yum...sounds de-lish
thanks for the recipe

and believe me, there is plenty 'o mac & cheese going on over here at casa petitegourmand ;

okay okay..I admit, it is whole wheat macaroni..but at least it's often accompanied by a healthy glob of ketchup and a chicken hot-dog (which I secretly love as well)

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger meg said...

Meg R. - what character were you?? Or were you a worker and not a character?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger