Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Imagination in the House...

It's a cruddy weekend here. A nice, cold drizzle that doesn't want to stop. How do my children break away from the bad weather blues? Lucy proclaimed there was a "book sale" in the living room, of course!


For about one hour, they worked furiously on lining up the books, organizing the books, chasing each other with the books, and "reading" the books.
Yeah...not one customer. No one seemed to mind that part.

It reminded me of the things I would pretend in my basement growing up. We created many a grocery store (me on register, sister as customer, of course), classroom (me as teacher, sister as student, of course), stage show (me as cute guitarist, sister as plg drummer, of course), and library (me as book stamping librarian, sister as lame-o reference desk worker)...

Another big thing I loved to do was create "tickets" to "shows" being performed in our basement. I found one such ticket in my parent's photo album a while back...

gRATe ShOW
4 p.m
PLEeSe ComE (if you can)

We'd just hand it over to my dad raking the leaves and then bad ass it to the basement (as it was 3:55 p.m.) and giggle and wait and see if he could make it to the show.

Ahhh...good times. Some of the best memories I have of growing up.
So I'm happy to see the book sale is underway. The best moment was when I heard Lucy tell Tommy to organize the books and he looked at her all butt serious and started moving books around the couch on some sort of mission.
Nothing like a 2 and 3-year old running the store...

2 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger meg said...

haha - this is awesome. I am happy to see they are doing this sort of thing. I like your story of us putting on the show and bad assing to the basement. haha.

I see you realize how plg I was...send Target gift cards to make up for it and we'll call it good.

thanks!

ps. I'm the gander!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

that's adorable...definitely one of the advantages of having a sibling.
they are so sweet together.

love the colour of those sofas btw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger