Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Holding It Together...

Yesterday, the kids and I packed up for a marathon visit to a friend's house 2 hours away. A day trip that began at 8:30 a.m. and ended at 8:30 p.m. It was a great day - all the kiddos got along splendidly and the grown-ups got to visit.
But...as we got in the car at 6:30 p.m. to begin our car ride home, Lucy started to look a little stressed and weepy. Then the wimpering began. Then the ridiculous requests. Then the full-on sobs. Poor little thing.
At first I felt bad for her, and then mad that she was being so obnoxious with her fake crying, then back to feeling sorry for her. I tried to talk to her but realized that made it worse.
She just needed to work it out after her big day of "holding it together." She didn't know her playmates very well because I don't see my girlfriend as often as I wish. But she never had an issues or troubles or acted worried at any point. Clearly, she held it all in until this plg hour of sobbing she let out.
At one point, I asked her, "Why are you still crying?" and she responded,
"I am so tired I just can't stop," with big red eyes. Poor little girl. At least she could articulate what she was feeling.
I actually remember that feeling myself. Getting home from school or work after a big day and just letting it all out...breathing a sigh of relief, without even realizing I'd been holding it in for so long. Working so hard to be "on" for people all day. And then, just laying there in zombie-land.
It was just her 3-year-old version of coping with that same feeling.
PLG...

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Ok. I feel so bad for the girl. I so know that feeling... I swear I just went through something like that the other day!! Except I suppose I have hormones to blame. haha! Poor thing!! Sooo PLG!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger