Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Busy, Busy...

We have been "extracurricular Johnsons" the past few weeks (ha ha...you love it), and I am excited to say that our spring classes are winding down this week. Both kids had swimming lessons at the local pool. Tommy went with Daddy (and Boppa, when Daddy was traveling for work) and Luce went solo! Both kids have done great.

In six short weeks, Tommy went from clinging to Matt's neck to actually smiling and splashing around. Not that he is doing any of that in this picture. In fact, he looks a bit stricken, but just trust me on this.


Lucy went from having no fear, to having even less fear (not sure if this is good or not!) - but gathered some basics that I think will be helpful this summer...


Twelve weeks of dancing class also ended for Lucy this past weekend, with a dance recital! You might recall, about three months ago, me blogging about her previous performance meltdown and running off stage. Well fast forward three months later and the girl was on fire! So brave and into it...sat with her class quietly without me (in the dark, no less), followed her teacher on stage and actually did the moves really well! Ta da!


She even asked if she could stay for the other 20 performances by the bigger kids and loved every minute...bless her heart...


And now the weekdays open up more, and for this, I am a bit relieved. Now get some freakin' spring weather going so we can head to the park! Ridiculous!!!

4 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger meg said...

plg with the rose.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger amanda said...

We did swim lessons last summer and they were a hoot. That's awesome that Matt could be involved in a class like that with Tommy... that would never work for us. E works 24/7.

Anywho, ok so WOO HOO to Lucy - dance recital queen! By the way, her get-up (bibs and bandana in hair) is hi-lariously cute.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

oh that's so great.
Isn't nice when you find things that the kids really enjoy?
love that bandana on Lucy..she is such a doll.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Agreed.
The do rag is too much.

I'm with you on wanting the warm weather...we went to Lakeside yesterday and it was just a wee bit too frigid.

So proud of the kids' swimming feats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger