Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, March 10, 2008

Working for Peanuts...

After two years of "that which is not spoken of....", Lucy has finally acknowledged Tommy's male parts.
Oddly, Lucy has never spoken of Tommy being different down there. Never a word during any diaper change. And finally, the other morning as I was changing his diaper, she questioned:

"Mom? Why does Tommy have a peanut?"
"Do you mean a penis? It's because he's a boy and boys have penises."
"Oh. I want one!"
"But if you had one, you wouldn't be a girl!"
"Oh...never mind."

And perhaps...that will be the last conversation on that topic for many, many years.

5 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Love it!! Dylan asked me about a year ago where my penis was. I explained to him that girls have a vagina. And he spent the rest of the day asking me about my "china" and could I bend over so he could see it. ARGH! Thankfully it hasnt't come up since.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger amanda said...

hahahahaha!!! priceless!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Megz said...

I love the decisiveness..."oh, nevermind."
Girl knows what she wants...or, in this case, doesn't.:)

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

that's funny...
lulu recently asked me the correct term for girl parts.
Up to this point we have always used "tutu" as a description.
the official term is now "bajina".

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Awesome. On a related note, did I tell you Connie and I found Annie and Ben upstairs with less than all their clothes on last week? Ahhhh, the fun begins . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger