Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Time it Was, and What a Time it Was...

A moment to remember today...with my Lucy.
Riding a bike to the coffee shop.
Such a big girl...had to jog to keep up with her for the first time.
Sat by the window and drank our drinks.
Simon and Gardfunkle playing in the background..
"Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
a time of innocence, a time of confidences..."
Telling her I love her and her telling me back.
Nowhere else we need to be.
My little girl and I smiling and laughing.
Never forget this moment forever.

4 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

You almost made me shed a tear...what are we going to do when they go on their first date, go to the first dance???

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger amanda said...

So sweet... and I love that song. Always makes me feel a little bit weepy.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

I'm getting all misty....so sweet.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Love Simon and Garfunkel. Jammed out to it on my Chicaggy trip.

Love the story of you and Luce even more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger