Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, March 20, 2008

They've Already Got It...


Tonight, I was working on getting Tommy's pajamas on. I have been an evening solo parent quite a bit over the past 6 weeks, and the "pre-bedtime wrestle-fest" Tommy likes to play is not a total party at the end of a long day.
After I got his diaper changed and his pajama top on, I decided to cool it on trying to get the pants on after his 500th game of "chase me, mommy!"
I went to the kitchen for a minute and when I came back, all of a sudden Tommy is sprawled out on the couch, stroking his hair in total relaxation, and Lucy is putting on his pajama pants - successfully.
You know when siblings have that bond and that secret relationship, separate from their parents?
I think I just witnessed proof that they already have that going on...

2 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

don't you wish you could bottle up those sweet moments to get you thru the tough times? I love watching my boys bond when they don't know I'm looking. Also, why is it that kids go so bonkers right at bedtime? Our boys run naked and wild like they are on crack before the bath each night, like wet dogs or something!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger amanda said...

haha! That's awesome... the total cuteness factor/brother-sister love and HELLO, little helper! Woo Hoo! Can she come help me too!! I'm so tired of the chasing and "I'm hiing."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger