Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, March 06, 2008

A List Will Do...

1. Just to start it up with some real jazzy information, I love me some Costco action. We just switched from Sam's Club at Christmas time. It has been a real nice option...

I am obsessed with this:


Lucy is obsessed with these:


Yeah...not so much for the "sensible portions," as much as the, "Wow! My mom let's me eat a "chip" in a bag all by myself...rock on!" kind of way.

And Tommy is obsessed with these tubes of "YO-BERT!!":


So we all have our Costco vices, I suppose. Also - they had Crocs there for $18 (normally $30) so that was random and a hot deal.

Is this riveting or what? I know, you are thinking it's been 4 days and this is all you've got?

2. Sometimes Lucy is so dang cute that I literally can't take it. I have to hug her so tight and wish and wish she would stay this little forever. I pray I remember every moment of this time in our life.
Then there are times when she acts out and says things that disappoint me so badly I am literally at a loss. Like new phrases she has picked up such as "I don't care" and "I don't like you, (insert friend or brother's name here)."
Ugh...I am cringing as I type it. How do I deal with this? For now, I go between ignoring, time-outs and asking her to apologize.

3. I have been one working out fool. Running 5+ miles at least four days a week, weights 2 days a week, ab workouts, cardio classes, etc. I mean I am on a rampage, working out harder than ever before. I say all this because I have to admit I am not really noticing any big results from all this extra work (some firmer muscles, I guess). I keep thinking by May I will be "bathing suit ready," (ha! whatever the heck that means) but nothing seems to change and it is very, very frustrating.

4. Tommy is 2 years old in 11 days and THAT...is bizarre.

8 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

The nasty comments are hard, and they just get worse. Dylan had a playdate with an older boy yesterday and when he got home, I told him it was too close to dinner for a snack, and he called me a 'moron'. Nice. He has never heard that word before yesterday, I'm sure. All you can do is take a deep breath, tell them its unacceptable, and then pour another glass of bourbon.

We love us some Costco too. Where else can you 900 tubes of string cheese (one of Logan's five food groups) for $9?!!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger meg said...

If you're not bathing suit ready yet then I guess I'm morbidly obese.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I am so sure. The phrase "M.O." makes me laugh every time for some reason.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Ok, so I think I need to make a list for your list.
1. Broccoli salad? So random... is it good? Or just healthy?
2. Jack also loves little bags - lately to make it through a shopping trip or a walk/jog I give him a 100 calorie pack.
3. I wish I had some helpful advice on the Lucy stuff. I'm sure you're handling it the best way possible though. My mom has warned me about the difficult bratty stages once they get older - and I'm not looking forward to it. But it's just something they go through. You know? So if we haven't been there, we all will be (if that helps... other moms are usually pretty understanding).
4. You, not "bathing suit ready"? You. Are a looney tune. Seriously. Come on already. Tall, thin, in shape. Mega-runner woman. Clearly you're being too hard on yourself.
5. If Tommy is almost 2, then Jack is almost almost 2 too. Bizarro.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

The broccoli salad is just an overall taste sensation and a super easy lunch/dinner. I added chicken breast to it the other night and Matt and I enjoyed. Or, add some cheese and salad into a tortilla and a luxurious thai wrap is created. ha ha...

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger PowersTwinB said...

Maybe what I learned from my mom, while raising my kids, some 30 years ago might work? My mom said "and _ doesnt like you very much today, but will always love you" the blank usually filled in with "Mommy"

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

oh good for you re working out.
I was in such a good groove before I got sick and I have totally fallen off the wagon.
I'm dying to go out for a nice long run....
thanks for the inspiration.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Loving the salad idea--I haven't actually been on one of the Costco trips for a while, so next time Brian goes I'll have to make sure he gets a bag of that lovely stuff ALONG with the massive bottle of margarita.:)
You go on the workouts!!! Like you needed to step it up...but seriously, I relate to how awesome a schedule can feel.
You are MORE than going to be ready for the RiverBank!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger