Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Guess I am in my Mid-30's...

Lately, I have noticed that I have been acting like an old lady I would have made fun of only 10 years ago. Things I have noticed include:

1. Talking about recipes with my girlfriends, including how to make "a nice roast" in the slow cooker.

2. Enjoying going to bed "at a reasonable hour" and getting semi-panicky if it is after 9:30 p.m. and I still have something to do. (To my defense, this is more parent related, than age related - because we all know your wake-up call is the same no matter what you do the night before).

3. Suddenly being into a cup of cofee at 3 p.m. to help me get through the rest of the day.

4. Looking at wrinkle cream at Target.

5. Shopping around for bedding and wanting it to be "classy."

6. Listening to the American Idol contestants last night, singing songs from "The Year They Were Born." Seriously...Carly is singing a song I used to worship in the 5th grade and she was JUST BORN?

Oh well...it could be worse...I could be Paula Abdul, wearing fingerless leather gloves in front of 12 billion viewers.

6 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger meg said...

I do all those things too! Although I already have super classy bedding. haha

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ummm, I sooo agree about the Paula Abdul outfit. We watched it for 2.3 seconds last night, and as Jason turned it off, I said, "Well, at least I'm not crazy like Paula Abdul. What the hell is she wearing?"

Another old-person thing I do: walk into the room and immediately ask Jason to turn down the TV. I am my mom.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

My motto is, "If you wore the Madonna gear (i.e. fingerless lace gloves, stretch pants and big t-shirts) the first time around (like I did in 5th grade) you are NOT entitled to wear them again." Paula, take heed.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I'm there with you on most of your list... with the exception of the American Idol one - I think I'm the only one on the planet who doesn't watch... now who's the old lady?

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

hilarious!
I know exactly whatcha mean.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger SarahD said...

Sarah, you crack my s*** up... how about complaining about how loud "those kids" listen to their music these days? i work with teens and used to be the cool one who listened to hip-hop and all that... now when we talk about hip-hop, i don't know about anything that came out after 1996... that is OVER a decade ago!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger