Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Boy is Two...


Dear Tommy,
Happy Birthday! We celebrated your birthday today and had a great Alphabet-themed birthday party. You LOVED it. It kicked off with you being intrigued by all my decorating techniques (letter confetti, blocks, etc.) while Lucy and Daddy were at church. It was fun hanging with you at the house, celebrating your two-ness and cuteness, just the two of us. It ended with you almost falling asleep on your Meema's lap, and kissing your birthday cards while the 3 and 4-year olds ripped into your gifts.
On every birthday, I can't help but go back to the day you were born. I'll never forget heading to the hospital on St. Patrick's Day at 5 p.m....the hecticness of everyone getting out of work to celebrate the holiday, and the thrill in the car that we were actually headed to the hospital to have YOU! A fun night with an awesome ending at 11 p.m. - you were born!
This past year I have watched you go from baby to boy and become this fun, kind, smart little guy. You share better than your sister (ridiculous but true), you are a breeze in almost all situations, have the patience of a saint (most of the time), and you have "wowed" everyone over with your true love of letters (even random people in Target!).
The past two or three months, your verbal skills have just flourished. You say new things everyday and are now slowly adding full sentences to your repertoire.
It has been an awesome year and you are a little boy now, no longer my baby. As I type this, I just can't really believe that two years has passed. But it is really fun watching it all happen.
Tonight I pushed you on your new "big boy" bike up and down the street, just the two of us. You didn't have much to say...but seemed to really like our quiet stroll together. Just one more moment in time I wish would last forever.
I love you, my Tomma!
Momma

6 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to Tommy! What a handsome, sweet, smart boy. I love reading about your days and I'm sure there will be many funny stories to read about now that you are a big two year old!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger meg said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMMA!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Happy Birthday Tommy!!

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Bridget said...

Happy Birthday, Tommy!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

birthdays are bitter sweet huh?

Happy b-day Tommy!

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Boy!!!
You have one of the best mommies I know showing you the fun side of life...here's to you being 2!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger