Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

And the Beat Goes On...


Lucy has had more music sung to her in her 3.75 years, than any kid I know. She knows a million songs and belts them out at all times. Oddly, her best concerts are given at 6:30 a.m. when we are all sleeping, er, trying to sleep 30 more minutes.

However, at preschool pick-up today, her teacher tells me during their Circle Time, that Lucy proclaimed her favorite song to be...
"Cheesy cotton balls."
This song makes no sense.
Never heard it in my life.
I asked her to sing it...she started making up some random lyrics and laughing.
So after all the "Twinkle Twinkles", "Little Ducky Duddles," and "Mr. Moons"...all it came down to this morning was a made up song to make everyone laugh.

How dare she? I would never have done that...

This past Saturday at my parents, I found an old creative writing piece I made in the 3rd grade. It was a song I had written about Halloween.
And at the bottom of the page it read:
P.S. Can I please sing it to the class???

I am so sure.

4 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger meg said...

haha.

Perhaps my 'Lucy' song inspired her to make songs up. haha. Video her singing - it'll be funny to have.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger amanda said...

haha! Too cute. Honestly, that's all I sing around here. I can't remember hardly any kiddo songs. So I make them up.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ridiculous. You should hear Annie's lyrics to the song "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" from Cinderella . . . they are totally made-up and involve "losing your heartbeat" and "no matter how your heart is eating." I predict Lucy and Annie will put on many a show in the years to come, and we will be their hapless audience, trying not to laugh.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Looove it.
Here is Benjamin's version of the Little Einsteins opening song (since Stephanie got the ball rolling...):
"We're going on a ship, to our favorite rocketSIT, blowing through the SIDES, little einsteins!"
Love the preciousness of it all...Lucy's antics are, if anything else, NOT surprising.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger