Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Morning Massacre in Pictures....

Lucy went to her friend Jack's house this morning for a playdate. I would change names to protect the innocent but let's get real...are any 3-year old's really innocent? I was going to give a synopsis of the morning drama but, thankfully, Lucy recalled it all in artful interpretation and I just couldn't help myself but share....


Here is Lucy...enjoying her morning at her friend's house.


The photos take a sudden turn when the kids fight over Matchcars! Suddenly, Jack pelts a Matchcar at Lucy's forehead, causing blood to ooze down her forehead, nose and shirt - like the prom scene from the movie "Carrie!" Mom quickly swoops in (apparently, based on this photo, with a smile on her face) and starts dabbing wound vigorously, trying to reach the point of entry. This photo captures that moment beautifully, wouldn't you agree?


All is well...here is Lucy after the wound has been cared for. She has a smile on her face and rosy cheeks (perhaps her way of sharing her rise in adrenaline, hmmm?) Please note, much care was taken in drawing blood droplets all over the bathroom floor and counter. Sadly, this was sort of the scene on my poor friend's bathroom (Sorry Sarah).


And lastly...blood still on the scene, but Lucy wanted to make the point that she added Jack's kitty "Baby" to the picture (see blob to the right of her smiley body), as playtime resumed and worshipping of the cat prevailed.

Never a dull moment.

4 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger meg said...

So she really got nailed in the head? PLG! What promtped the photo re-telling of the event? Did the kids get my v-ay card? Did they love it?

Adios!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger loveball said...

This entry is freakin' awesome.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I love the visual play-by-play. You should save this for her therapist one day . . . =)

See you tomorrow!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I hate to laugh... but it's just so dang funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger