Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Four Weeks and Counting Down...

Seriously. The weather is absurd. Are you kidding me? 12 inches of snow in ONE DAY last week? -20 degrees and blowing snow this past Sunday? Why, Lord Jesus, did we choose Michigan as our place of residence? We left sun over 300 days a year in Colorado for this? Oh yeah...people we love are here. Damn the people we love.
Lucy made PLG Valentine's cards for the neighbor kids on Saturday and we STILL haven't been able to get outside just to walk them around to everyone's mailboxes. Why? Because I don't want to be labelled an unfit mother allowing my daughter to get freezer-burnt cheeks.
So I have decided in my mind, that I just have to get through the next 4 weeks and things WILL turnaround. By mid-March, things are always winding down. I'm not saying we might not see a little snow (once or twice!) but for the most part, it goes away fast and the faintest signs of spring start to make an appearance. And the most important thing for me - the kiddies can finally be outside regularly again!
In the meantime, we will try and hibernate just a little bit longer.

4 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Sorry to hear the weather has been so rough. I always thought that February was the hardest time of year up there. Those last few weeks are rough. Ug. We are seeing our first signs of flowers... so you're only a few weeks off! :)

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Toots said...

I am totally with you! When we moved to Chicago it was nice because there were more sunny days here than in GR, but lately it has been terrible. It just makes it so much nicer when the sun does come out and it is warm!
PS-love the ebay jean idea!!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger meg said...

Im in Mexico.

Oops. Sorry.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

Oh I hear you loud and clear on this one.
Big daddy and I are always plotting our escape from Canada to California every year at around this time....sigh....
He has one brother in San Francisco and one in L.A. and they never hesitate to remind us about how they spent the day cycling at the beach etc...
I'm all for a little white Christmas...but enough already!

what a sweet photo btw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger