Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, February 03, 2008

February CLEAN OUT!

Attention any and all items in this house not being used or loved: You are OUTY! I am on a large clean-out spree. Especially in regards to home decor, etc. I decorated this house 6 years ago this upcoming May and I am really over it.
Of course, I don't have the fundage to overhaul everything in the house, so I am improvising and going to all my favorite places to "redo," "simplify" and "refresh."
Some favorite places are World Market, Target and TJ Maxx. A little imagination and a good eye can take you a long way.
In addition, I saw an Oprah a while back where some organizing expert guy said "If you haven't worn it in a year, get rid of it." I'm following that rule and cleaning out my closet. Perhaps a spring garage sale is in order.
Why does it feel so good to do these types of things? Out with the old...in with the new. The weather has been so ridiculous, it's kind of nice to hunker down at home and accomplish some things.
And this, offically, is my most boring post to date.
So I shall jazz it up with a random cute photo....my sister found this one the other day from Easter 2006. That holiday was a blur because Tommy was one month old and I was in that hazy "up all night" phase of having a newborn, mixed with "gotta keep things fun and normal for Lucy" guilt. It feels like a million years ago and she is so chubby and blond and little. It's photos like these that remind me that everything changes so fast...

5 Comments:

At 3:30 AM, Blogger Bridget said...

I'm with ya on the clear out. I am on a similar mission here. Leaves me wondering why I've kept Siofra's 3-6 month onesies with spit up stains on them...they're too disgusting to give away!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Oh, I'm so with you on cleaning up and clearing out this time of year. I just went through all of Jack's clothes yesterday and organized them by size etc. Then tried to organize his mess of a closet.

So, I'd love to see some before and after pictures of your decor changes... no pressure:)

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I know...ha ha...I thought of that but then I thought it might appear PLG. ha ha...

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Save me some space in your garage for my loot this summer.
I'm so in on that bizniz.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

I'm with you on the spring cleaning, but mine tends to happen in June, after school lets out. I just moved to a new classroom, too, so a lot of my teacher "junk" got dumped. I may discover space in my house after all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger