Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dreaming of Taking the Garbage Out...

Every once in a while, I find myself suddenly desperate for some "me time." That aching feeling really hasn't come around in a long time. Which is a sign, I hope, that my gym time and afternoon "quiet times" really do reenergize me.
However, things have been bad lately. I have been dreaming about just being alone. I am never alone. I poo with a child talking to me, and I shower with Lucy in there with me. Seriously. Ridiculous.
I have been daydreaming about going to Starbucks alone. Just to sit in the window and sip my latte and think. Holy moly that would be luxurious. Or...a day to shop. I have a date set with friends at the end of March for an all-day shopping event and I am soooo excited, I am literally counting down the days. 37.
So yesterday, I was blessed with 2.5 hours on my own (thanks, mom!!). I made the best of it. Shopped leisurely, went to the coffee shop and ate lunch, sipped some hot tea and made some notes on professional goals...just basically thought about ME! No kids, no phone calls, no nothing. Pure luxury. I think I need to do this more often.
I really DO feel better today. I feel like I can handle everything a little bit easier. Sometimes that is all it takes. At least until Sunday, when I tell Matt I have to head to Starbucks. Alone.

4 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger meg said...

Alone is good!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I've been going through it as well... something about this time of year. And having a toddler glued to my side 24/7.

Yesterday I had a whole hour to go to the gym while my mother-in-law watched jack... and somehow I managed to get in 40 minutes on the elliptical and a quick stop at Francesca's Collections - where all I could think about was that it was so nice to paroose through some jewelry and clothes without Jack pulling things off tables, picking his nose and wiping it on random things and doing the dolphin squeal. It was great. But really, an hour. Not nearly long enough.

Have fun on your shopping extravaganza! Wish I could come too!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

Alone is good. I'd be tempted to sleep, but that would be a waste of good "alone" time.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

I totally know what you mean.
I managed to duck out for a facial this week and even had time to leisurely look for books at a book store afterwards.
It was in a word.
heaven.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger