Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Seriously....I GIVE!!!!

O.k. I am going to go ahead and forwarn you that I am taking a direct left turn onto negative lane for this post. Why? I have HAD IT!

I am a person who has always thought of myself as lucky. I have won random things in my life, and good luck just seemed to generally follow me. But something has changed...let's just recap the past 3 years mmmmkayy??

1. Matt gets laid off randomly and without warning with little to no severance package TWO years in a row.

2. July 7, 2007- Matt's random leg accident that becomes a 5 month saga, including gushing leg at work and emergency surgery.

3. December 10, 2007 - Sewer line saga (you've seen the pics...it wasn't pretty...I still shutter at the front yard daily - damn that 50 degrees that melted all the snow that helped me mentally forget!)

4. Scout has random toenail surgery 5 days before Christmas. Um yeah, didn't even mention that one in here before because it was so absurd and I was trying to be all "fa la la la la"...but she was a conehead for Christmas. I am so sure.

So then Matt and I were all, "2008 is a new year! We shall wipe the slate! Start fresh and anew!" I was really trying to be positive.

But then...

5. January 5, 2008 - Our car was broken into in downtown Detroit at my sister's surprise 30th birthday party last night. Smashed the passenger side door of the Envoy, rendering it undriveable and stole the portable DVD player. This is realized at 8 p.m. with Lucy downtown with us and Tommy at a friends 30 minutes away. And we were totally having a great time and dinner was being served!
Umm yeah....driving through downtown Detroit at 9 p.m. with SARAN WRAP on my window while sitting on glass with a 3 year old in the back seat...scary as hell and I don't want to ever feel like that again.
PLG note of the night (although there were many)...Matt eating his microwaved burger I had boxed up for him at 12:30 a.m. and commenting, "It's actually pretty good!" PLG....

Sooo....here we sit. Just feeling really, really defeated with really, really bad luck.

I know, we have our health. That is truly all that matters. I know this. I have been telling myself that mantra for the past 3 years!! So, please god, let that be the LAST RIDICULOUS THING that happens for a good long while!! I mean COME ONNNNNNNN.

Regular positive programming to return to the blog tomorrow....I swear.

3 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Hey, you have every right to feel totally defeated and to spew negative stuff whenever needed. Really. Sounds like you guys have had a ridiculous go of it lately - so get it off your chest.

If it helps any, it's so dang funny from this side. I mean, a conehead for Christmas... haha! Sorry. I'm not laughing at you - I'm laughing with you... tell me you're laughing.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Matt's PLG microwaved burger comment SO SERIOUSLY just had me laughing out loud.

PLG!!!!!!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger TheyDHD said...

Much with the love! *hug* I know all about the horrid luck but, as you said, we're not dead yet, so We're still counting ourselves lucky. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger