Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Not Sure Where He Came From...


Today is Tomma's 22 month birthday. It is so bizarro that I am actually beginning to think about planning his 2nd birthday party. As is usual, the Tomma is a magical being from another planet. I do not mention much about "what he can do" and I need to get better about that for posterity's sake.
So here we go...things Tomma is into right now:
1. Knows all letters of the alphabet (upper and lower case) and enjoys announcing them to anyone who will listen. At the mall gym last week, he was flailing about playing and stopped mid-flail to give "shout-outs" of letters on a sign in the mall. This other mom looked at me like, "Really?" For some reason, this boy really thinks naming letters is a total party. Hilarious.
2. Knows almost all numbers and can count to fifteen. Again, he truly enjoys learning them. At Target the other morning, he was in his stroller giving "shout-outs" as he would see them. Again, he is different.
3. Naming and playing with various balls. He knows the difference between basketballs, baseballs and footballs and again, loves to yell them out as he sees them. At the kid's area of the gym, he basically spends the whole time holding one of those kinds of balls and throwing it at any older boy who will engage him for 20 seconds. He loves this so much that when I pull into the gym he begins cheering and yelling, "Kids and balls! Yeaaahhhh!" Plg....
4. And finally, he has no stranger anxiety. I mean none. Throw him into any situation and the Shomma Lomma is like, "That's cool...." He is very rarely thrown off by any new situation at all. It is so funny and he is so easy in that department it is crazy. Good thing I had Tommy second or I would have thought Lucy was a whack job! Oh wait, I still think she's a whack job. ha ha...

So fun to have this little boy in our family. Just a totally different personality to shake things up. I can't wait to see what type of boy/teenager/adult he becomes!!

3 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger meg said...

How do I love Tomma? Let me count the ways!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Holy Moses... for once, our children are TOTAL opposites! Total stranger anxiety... couldn't care about any other numbers other than two and three... and couldn't care about any other letters other than A and O. Tell me it's a stage?! haha!!

And I have to say, WOO to the HOO, Go Tommy! haha! What a kid. I mean seriously, he knows his ABCs and 1-15?? Crazy. Jack does give "shout outs" to letters and numbers when he sees them... just A & O or 2 & 3! haha!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

ha ha....well I know he is an oddball...Lucy never did ANY of this! And she wasn't really that into brand new places at first. She just did a lot of talking and singing...and that's still all she does...ha ha...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger