Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Meet My Grandkids...Max and Allie...

There has been a lot of talk, lately, of Lucy's future. And by that, I mean what she will be doing as "a grown up lady."
Yesterday, we were lounging together and she proceeded to tell me she will have her own house when she is a grown up. The convo went like this...

"Mom? I am going to have a house all by myself when I am a grown up."

"Great! Can I come visit you?"

"Sure!"

"Will you live with someone?"

"Nope! All by myself. (further thoughts...) I haven't met my husband yet. I don't know my husband."

"Oh! You are going to have a husband? That is nice! I wonder what his name will be.."

"Maybe it will be Matt!" (ha ha...because all husbands are named Matt, you know.)

"Will you have any pets?"

(Without hesitation) "Yes! A dog named Kiki!"

How about any kids?

(Again, as if she's known this her whole life) "Yes! A boy named Max and a girl named Allie!"

"Great! Can I come visit you, Max and Allie whenever I want?"

"Sure! And I will cook things that are hot and cold."

After all this "grown up talk," she then paused for a minute and stared off into the sky. Suddenly she busted out, "But what if there are monsters in my house and I am the MOM??!"

As if to say, "What the hell? I will be in charge and I'm screwed!"

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger meg said...

haha - this is hilarious! And a tad creepy, what if she can see the future? haha. I like that she doesn't equate being grown up and living alone with having an immediate husband. I would like to think her Aunt E.E. has contributed to this! Kiki the dog. Hot and Cold food. Monsters. Funny stuff!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger amanda said...

OH NO! hahaha! I love this... too too funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger