Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Back to "Normal"....

O.k! The fam is back in action! Lucy headed back to school this morning and Tommy and I hit the gym. I have to admit, I am working at about 70%, but you know...us moms just have to keep things moving - no time to linger. Man, that bug really knocked the hell out of our family for 5 days. Some funny moments to note over the past couple of days...
1. Tommy, after hurling in his crib at 10 p.m. Tuesday night....all of a sudden we hear on the monitor..."Uh oh....uh oh, Momma...uh oh..." (I open the door to find him covered in head to toe puke with his plg big brown eyes)
2. Yesterday, Lucy was Dad's helper and brought a Coke up to me in my bedroom. I told her the next day she'd get to go to school and that it was "beach day" and she responded, "Oh! Thanks for telling me, Mom. Enjoy your pop." and walked away all butt serious...
3. This morning, in the dark hallway, Lucy and I find each other and the first thing she says is, "Mom? Are you normal?"
And that's when I busted out my old southern accent and shouted, "Mama's feeling better, Luce, but I'm a faaaaaaar cry from normal!" with a creepy laugh.
(I am sure...)
So yeah, amoungst the grossness, some funny things occured. Let's just go ahead and hope we are all set with illness for a while, mmmkay?

3 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger meg said...

haha - what's with the Southern accent? haha

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

too funny-sugar..
glad to hear y'all are feelin' better.
(said with bad Canadian version of my southern accent)
the bug has come north though...sigh.
sick lock down going on here at our place.
thankfully no "upchuck-in" so far.
said with southern accent.
eeehawww.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger amanda said...

haha! Are you normal? haha! Your kid kills me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger