Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, December 10, 2007

Three Glorious Ways to Have Your Holiday Spirit Squashed....

1. Realize Sunday afternoon that your sewer line is plugged. Then have Roto Rooter tell you your line is broken. Then have a company tell you it's going to cost you thousands of dollars (literally) to even be able to brush your teeth again. And then have to pee and shower at other people's houses for days at a time.

2. Have your daughter find your gift stash under your bed while trying to entertain children while husband speaks with 5 contractors visiting the house all day long. "Why do you have my pink pony I wanted, mom?" Great....

3. Come home from showering the family at someone's house, only to walk into your family room and see dog diarrhea all over your carpet. Matt is on hour two of steam cleaning and it is almost 9 p.m.

Seriously...the holiday spirit has left me...

3 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks. I'm sorry :(

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Bridget said...

I hope today was better!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger amanda said...

OOOOOOhhh... man. I am so sorry. You can come stay here if you want! I'll make that chocolate cake to cheer you guys up! haha! Too bad it's 14 hours away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger