Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, December 03, 2007

Post-Christmas Event Hangover Gone Wrong...

This is a new phrase in our house that Matt and I shall remember for all ages.

"Post-Christmas Event Hangover."

Description: How your 3.5 year old acts the day after a large family gathering, while playing well with other kids and no break in the action from 11:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. This may include screaming, sobbing, breaking down when they turn left too quick, not wanting to do anything you ask, hitting siblings, drawing houses with black crayon on your new basement carpet and walls, having to leave Sunday school while kicking and screaming, having to leave the gym child care area while kicking and screaming, having to go to bed kicking and screaming because scared of "monsters," etc. etc. etc....

Cure: 13 hours sleep and lots of booze for mom and dad.

4 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger meg said...

PLG little girl - sending positive thoughts to your house!!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

sounds a little like our "post-weekend-visit- with grandma & grandma"
only our crayons were red....

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Yikes! Poor thing. If you makes you feel any better we've officially taken the pacifier away (finally) - day 1. And it officially sucks.

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craptastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger