Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Gym Shopping....

O.k. so the weather is winning in the "me running outside" vs. "freezing butt ass cold winter weather" match.
After last week's freezing outside runs, I am waving the white flag. I just can't do it. I try to be hard core but it's just killing me.
Therefore, I have been "free passing" it and "gym shopping" over the past week and I need to probably make a decision on it next week. I think I will just be a short-timer (hopefully I only need the membership until end of March).
I am not a big "class" person or "weights" person, per se. I also don't enjoy people walking or running beside me or me having to hear them breathe.
So, if I can't brave the weather, I guess I will be joining them...at least until I can get back out there without my nostrils freezing over.
I took Tomma to the gym day care this morning. He was NOT PLEASED. Until...they opened up the gym for the kiddies! All of a sudden, I see little Tomma waddle into the gym area holding a ball. For the 30 minutes that I saw him, he stood around holding the ball, wandering around the big kids and breaking out into random sprints every now and then. All I could think was, "PLG."
When I picked him up, he started waving at me and yelled, "Mama! Yeah!" and I asked him if he liked the ball and the kids. He dropped down from my arms in the parking lot and started yelling, "Kids! Kids!" and running back towards the gym.
Total kid-loving, ball-loving, shock and awed by everything, PLG Tomma...

4 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Ok. So darn cute! Kids! haha!

If you haven't made a decision just yet I know every YMCA I've ever belonged to has no sign up fee in January... so if you're as cheap as I am, you'll do anything to avoid those ridiculous fees.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You know that I'm lobbying for you to join MVP so that we might still be able to run together . . . but either way, it will be March before we know it and we can hit the lake again without worrying about snow, ice, or total darkness!

Love the Tomma-love for balls. He and Jemma are destined to be multi-sport athletes!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger meg said...

Good for Tomma being so brave!!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

i know what you mean about gyms...
that being said, I went this morning and did a spin class and loved it.
I try to go twice a week.
I can't seem to get into the treadmill though- like you I would much rather be outside.
But this weather just doesn't cut it.
brrrrrr...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger