Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday Tidbits...

1. My mom, Lucy and I had a girl's afternoon on Sunday. We attended "The Sound of Music", followed by dinner at my favorite restaurant in town. Close to intermission of the show, the very quiet and patient Lucy bent over and whispered to me: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Let's go home!"
I am so sure.

2. Laundry is really starting to get to me. I do all the household laundry one day a week. This works well for me and everyone involved. However, we are now up to about 5 loads on "National Laundry Day." Throw in folding of clothes and putting everyone's clothes away...annoying. Takes up every free moment of every Tuesday. Lame-o....laundry is lame-o....

3. WHY must I get zits like I am still 16 years old? RIDIC! I have two whoppers on the face. To the point where I am so embarrased of them, I put cover up on them TO GO FOR A RUN. That's right...I am too embarrased for the neighborhood dogs to see me.

4. I can't believe I am writing this but I am DONE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING! WAHHHOOOIIEE! I have been on a major spree the past 10 days and this morning, I completed all tasks. I am so on it I even have January birthday gifts! Now what will I do with my time? Oh yeah...laundry.

5. Had my "parent/teacher" conference call with Lucy's teacher this afternoon. All is well. She is sharing! And listening! She even commented that she's definately ready to start the "Handwriting without tears" program and would recommend she go three days a week next year (I was already planning on this). You assume and hope all is well but it does feel good for someone else to tell you your kid is doing great.

5 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Don't forget that Lucy is also doing well teaching 2yr olds how to poop in the toilet!

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I saw you this afternoon and saw absolutely no evidence of giant zits. Seriously. Maybe because we were both so busy dragging our respective daughters out of the tent.

How was Sound of Music? I have been considering if Annie would be able to sit through it. You know she loves the movie, but is the play too long for a 3-year-old?

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I think it's a bit long...1.5 hours before and I think about an hour post-intermission. We left at intermission...we didn't think Lucy would be real hot on the "Natzi action" and all the good songs had already been done. :)

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

ah...laundry...I don't mind the washing & folding so much- it's the putting away part that I loath.

good on ya- re: Christmas shopping!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Lucy - what a girl! Aren't you so proud? And what a clown too. haha!

Ok, I feel your pain with the zits... and seriously, if you saw me on my jog/walks, practically wrapping my head in a towel to stay out of the sun (to keep the malasma away) you'd die. At least you'll look good if you run into McDreamy or McSteamy or whatever randomn celebrity who just might be wandering around your neighborhood... haha!

Ok. Totally jealous of your Christmas shopping status. Not even close over here. And NOTHING is wrapped. ug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger