Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Shout Out to the Deer and the Turkey...



Matt's been off at "Deer Camp" (aka sitting in a wooden box, waiting for deer, eating triple meat breakfasts, drinking beer and listening to football games) for the past week. Six days is a big vacation for anyone. And to be away from your loving wife and children. I'm just saying I am a damn understanding and "team player" kind of wife, okayyy?
I knew when I married him that this was part of the deal. This "Deer Camp" thing was part of the package. But every year, as mid-November draws closer on the calendar, I get that same feeling of...
"Really? It's that time already? Ugh...." And off he goes, every year. Part of the package but still, at times, painful. Oh so painful on day 5 of him being gone. How do single mothers do it? I guess they are just really, really tired. And lonely.
But fear not! My local support system rallied and I've had lots of fun times with neighbors, family and friends. We have actually had a great week with lots of action. Yesterday, we celebrated an early Thanksgiving with my side of the family. Good times...
And today, a "leftover lunch," complete with pilgrim hats.

3 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Sister said...

haha - so ridiculous! That last picture cracks me up. Good times!

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My ex-husband use to go to camp every weekend and then for an entire week in November. But, we didn't have kids so, it wasn't too bad for me.

Love the last picture--gave me a giggle :)

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Great pictures! And once again, I'm jealous (in a good way) of your dawta's lovely hair.

6 days? Didn't he just go fishing for like 6 bajillion weekends in a row or something like that?? Sounds like a girl needs another girly weekend! Maybe we'll have to plan a scrapbooking weekend for an upcoming winter weekend?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger