Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, October 22, 2007

Well at Least She Appreciates....

It was bound to happen. Lucy and I have been taking showers together lately. It's often times the first chance I get, after Tommy has been put down for his big afternoon nap and before I start to tackle a few household chores during Lucy's "quiet time" (aka doll playing, cutting up of Time magazine, drawing with pen and sticky notes, tea parties of water on the back deck, watching Shrek the movie, eating popcorn, anything to keep her entertained for 1.5 hours).
She doesn't like me to leave her side, and this includes when I need to bathe, so into the shower we go.
"Why do you have those, mom?" (pointing at my really attractive boobs)
"Well Luce, sometimes moms have breasts to feed babies milk.
"Did you feed me with them?"
"Yep..when you were just a little baby that I wrapped in a little blankie."
(Thinking....pondering....sitting on the shower floor....)
"Mom! I drank your milk when I was little! And I remember...it was so, ummm... milky! I am so proud of you, mom! That was so nice of you!"
(And immediately back to the cleansing of the body...)
"Ummm...thanks, Luce."
It could have been worse. At least she didn't ask why they hang so low to the ground.
I am just sayin'...

6 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger TRES said...

Did she really say "milky"? Or, did she say "mmiiiillllkkkky?" Hahaha. Tea time is in order...

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger amanda said...

haha! Too funny! haha! Seriously, I'm dieing over here! What a kid!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Pleeeeeeaaase. "I remember"???? They are so full of it. Maybe Luce and Annie can get together and ponder when they, too will acquire such fascinating body parts.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Megz said...

I love the "I remember" comment, too...hysterical!
Love that Luce appreciates the cutlets.:)

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Meg & Maria said...

I wonder if she seriously remembers? I wouldn't put it past her!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Meg & Maria said...

I am such a good commenter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger