Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Friday, October 26, 2007

Me Too...

Last week was a surprisingly tough week with Lucy. One of those weeks that makes you feel defeated as a parent...even if you try so hard to do everything right. I say surprisingly, because she was doing things that I thought we had gotten past...things that I thought could be left behind with her 2-year-old self. Apparently, not quite yet.
However, the past couple of days, Lucy has just been adorable and a breeze to hang with. And I have to remember that 3-year-olds ebb and flow with each passing day and week and mood. And there may be one or two horrible days, and then a week of wonderful days (or vice versa sometimes!).
Today, as we headed down the street, Lucy did something that merited me to ask for a "high five!"
She then proclaimed out loud, "I am the happiest girl in the whole world."
If she only had one sentence to represent her whole life, that is exactly what I would wish for her to say.

4 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Meg & Maria said...

What a plg to be exclaiming such a thing! I am happy to hear it! HAPPY!

Other notes:
-you thought she was past some stuff...but 'not quitely'!
-I hate when people say 'vice-uh-versa' - I am happy you said 'vice versa' with no annoying 'uh' in there for no reason.
-I would like to see more posts about Auntie It.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "uh" annoys me, too :)

Love her statement!!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Hysterical...I can't stand the "uh", either! And while we're on topic (or not), I also loathe the following: "Me and her went there yesterday..."
LOL!

As for the Lucy comment...if I were a little girl growing up in today's ever-increasing scary world of mixed messages for young girls...I'd want YOU to be my mom. I mean it!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Also randomly wanted to ask you if you got the Bright Beginnings newsletter this month?
It's AWESOME and full of so many great tips, ideas, recipes, etc...a lot of it resonated with me, and I was thinking you'd love it as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger