Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, October 01, 2007

Apparently a Sweater Can Be Delicious?

These women/moms at dance class are killing me...just killing me...(and yes, dance class went off without a hitch this morning, thank you Jesus). PLEASE LORD do not let me become one of these women in a few years.
They sit in the back of the viewing area. They do not watch their kids in the class. They drink their Starbucks and talks about absurd things with the tone of importance one might use to discuss the latest Democratic debate.

"Did you see this sweater she is wearing? It is DAAAAArling....they wear so well. I mean, just look at this material. Isn't it delicious?"
She used the adjective "delicious" twice in 45 minutes. WTF?

"Don't you think the sales staff at blah blah store is just GRAND?"
Grand? I am so sure....

"Well, I did some shopping damage this weekend. I'm going to be honest. But I look at my shoes and my bags and I am like, "I still have some serious work to do!"
Umm...does she think my Target purse has some work to do? Ohhh weelll....

I kept waiting for a giggle or some sign that they were being sarcastic. No laughing. VERY serious in their topics. These ladies are real.
Bless their hearts...

11 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Sister said...

jank.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I do sometimes call non-food items "yummy." But not delicious. Also, I hate the word "grand."

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Delicious? I like food too much to use the same words to describe sweaters. And grand is right up there with "sharp". Who says that?

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Sister said...

Amanda...I hate to say it but I fully support the come-back of 'Sharp'. I think it's hilarious and I think we ALL should say it daily!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Actually sister and Amanda, speaking of "sharp," I have actual video footage of Matt's family Christmas in 1990...and I am not kidding..."sharp" is spoken no less than 55 times in the one hour gift opening video. To the point that the Christmas will now go down in history in our family as "sharp Christmas." "Sharp" extra large sweaters, "sharp" tapered leg jeans, "sharp" tennis shoes. Ridic...

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Sister said...

haha - I know the video you speak of but thought it would be too long to explain in the comments! I love that video! Not to mention Matt being an a-hole for no reason and Jeanna just plugging along butt happy! "Sharp Matt!"

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ummm, the word "sharp" has been banned at our house because it is the one (preposterous) criteria by which Jason measures potential new cars. As in, "That new Accord is sharp." No thought of mileage, safety, cost, resale, carseat room, etc. Just whether or not it's sharp. Drives me crazy.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger amanda said...

You guys are killing me. So are you sayin' you're "Team Sharp" or "Team Grand"... haha, no sense no sense. Excuse me here for a sec, I seem to be losing it.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Sister said...

TEAM SHARP!

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweaters are delicious. Those are some stuck up beeyotches, but yes, sweaters can be very delicious. Sweaters are hugs you can WEAR.

Just the fact that she shops in places where the sales staff actually helps people is proof that these girls are way outta my league.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

Sweaters can be pretty, lovely, soft, warm, even "sweet", but delicious? Delectable? Delightful, it's delicious, it's de-lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger