Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Buddies...

Is there anything cuter than two kids...

1. All bathed with wet hair, dressed in jammies, and drinking milk on the couch all cozy?
2. Dancing at library class together and putting their arms around each other?
3. Watching a show together, with their backs to me, sitting close to each other and indian-style?
4. Wondering where and yelling out for "Sissy!" every morning when he wakes up and when arriving at her preschool parking lot for pick-up?
5. Playing chase and peek a boo with each other for pure fun, not initiated by me?

I am so happy I had these two kids close together. It is such a fun time and they both seem to basically enjoy the same things. My favorite thing to see is when they are looking out for each other and wanting the other one near them. I don't know, firsthand, the relationship between a brother and sister. I can only hope they are very, very good friends that can always count on each other.

3 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post makes me think I need to/should have a second child.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger amanda said...

OK. I love this post and I can't tell you how much I needed it. I've been getting advice to wait on number two... although I'm ready, I think. It's refreshing to hear about the positive aspects, as opposed to all of the troubles dealing with two, you know?

Anyway, my brother and I are 2.5 years apart and we are super close and always have been, with the exception of a few short years in high school. He's one of my best friends in the whole world.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Multiple children rule Kelly and Amanda! Get crackin'! But seriously, I love to hear those stories Amanda,...it makes me feel happy about the relationship Luce and Tomma will have.
My personal advice: Don't listen to the hype on waiting for #2. It's a lot of work, sure..but everything worth living for is. The rewards FAR outweigh the craziness. Believe me...if you feel a tinge of "readiness", you are ready! I spent waaay too much of Tommy's pregnancy worrying unnecessarily and listening to waaayy too many people's advice (that didn't end up ringing true for me). It's just not worth the worrying. Get ready for future Baby Kellie and Sweet Baby Z! ha ha....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger