Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, September 24, 2007

Today, Life Not So Much Beautiful....

The weekend went too well. I knew something had to crash and burn. Lucy started out this morning whining about nothing and.....it. never. stopped. I don't think I have the energy to fill you in on every "nails on a chalkboard" moment. Instead, I shall share the morning in bullet points...
1. Whining that she wants to take a shower, doesn't want to wear summer clothes, wants a pigtail, no a pony, no a bow...
2. Whining that she doesn't want to go to dance class.
3. Pack up family, walk to class and she decides she is randomly "scared" and throws a fit at dance class. Try every tactic known to man and every mother on earth to get her comfortable, and willing to stay for class.
4. Feeling very frustrated, embarrased and defeated, we leave dance class (bye bye $10...full morning of getting ready...leotard and tights on and ready...Tommy entertained by another child and playing nicely while class is going on...moms staring at me...).
5. Both children screaming in jogging stroller as I leave Parks and Rec office.
6. Decide a 30 minute jog will be nice for everyone....Lucy thinks differently.
7. Pass neighbors on way home from jog with Lucy 1/2 hanging out of stroller and screaming at the top of her lungs...
8. Start crying when we get home because I am so done with being her mom this morning. "Why do you have tears, mom?" she asks (not sure she's ever really seen me cry).
It is hard to be the mom of a 3-year old girl sometimes. Really, really, really hard. She spent the rest of the morning "checking in" with me with little hugs and kisses on my leg. She knew she had disappointed me. She knew she had screwed up majorly. And before people start thinking I am a hard core mom, I must say this girl is feeling perfectly fine. Eating well, acting fine otherwise, and no fever. This girl has never batted an eye at anything...classes, preschool, etc. Not for even one day, even when she was barely 2 years old at nursery school. I have no idea what got into her. And I felt so bad for Tommy. Poor kid got dragged along for all of it. We really haven't had a morning this bad in a very, very long time.

7 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Oh, Sarah, I'm so sorry. That sounds like such a crappy morning. I'm so there. Seriously, I was there with Jack day 1 of kinder-fitness. OH, the stares, the feeling embarressed and defeated.

Kids are tough. And some days they're just cranky and difficult for no reason. Our jobs are extremely difficult. And some days are just very trying. Shoot, I remember in my office job being challenged, stressed, frustrated, and totally defeated just about every day. But never did I feel like it was as rewarding as my current "job". As trying as it may sometimes be.

Hang in there. Tomorrow will be much much better.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Here, here, Amanda. Tell it, sister.

50 pre-pubescent and cranky 6th graders, complete with over-bearing and totally irrational parents...these folks got nuthin on my two year old.
NEVER, even on my craziest days teaching middle school, did I feel confused because I wasn't sure if I wanted to hit something really hard, cry hysterically, or drink a bottle of wine in one long, deliberate swig.
No, that didn't happen until I became a mom. And a full-time one, at that.

At any rate, I am incredibly sorry you had such a freakin horrible morning. Your descriptions, as always, have given me the perfect visual. And all I have to say is...what kinda twat stares at you during Twinkletoes class, while your 3yr old has a meltdown???
She must be the same one who has makeup and deoderant on at Laptime.

Bitch.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

These two comments...you guys just made me feel so much better. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Who knew a nerdy blog could do that for you?

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Megz said...

So glad to hear, Sarah!

You are such an amazing mom! I was thinking after I posted that earlier that I never added the part about how "it's all worth it"...I can be a bit sarcastic and bitter when it comes to such topics.
In case you hadn't noticed.
Anyway, it IS all worth it. And the fact that you're hanging in there and getting through it with them is going to make such a huge difference in the long run...

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

And if it's any consolation, knowing that you, too, go through horrors like this makes me feel a tiny bit better when it's happening to me. (Not that I wish it on others, but at least I feel less incompetent/alone in my child's ridiculousness.)

You are a great mom; Lucy is a great kid. I'm so glad to be doing this crazy parenting thing down the street from you! Here's to tomorrow being a fresh start and a much better day. Does your monitor reach down here for a cocktail tomorrow night? =)

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

I know those kind of days all too well. Tomorrow will be better. Get yourself a bottle of wine for tonight...

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh girly, I have many days like this. And Morgan's not even in the stage of telling me what she wants and doesn't.

Any Mom (SAH or working away from home) that says she never/rarely has days like this is lying through her teeth. ALL parents have this. Admitting it means you're normal like the rest of us :)

You're an awesome Mom and it's okay to cry and be done with being the Mom now and then.

Big hugs and hope things are better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger