Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Things on The Mind...

1. When did Tommy get so funny? All of a sudden this kid is busting out the laughs left and right. He went from "straight faced Willie" (we're not sure why he's named Willie for a minute) to "Giggling in bed to himself at 7 a.m. guy." This kid is killing me....
2. Despite all the chuckles, Tomma has had a rough week. He poured hot coffee onto himself and fell down the basement stairs. Seriously...send me the Mother of the Year award anytime. The worst...
3. Did anyone else think the Emmy awards were weird? Why did they do the circular stage - is it a Fox thing because of American Idol? I LOVED that all the winners had the seats where everyone's backs were turned to them all night. Also - I know I am psycho about the show and all, but why isn't Rescue Me up for more awards? They are on the FX channel so maybe it's political but I am seriously shocked. And secretly, I thought Seacrest did a great job.
4. Am I suddenly 12 years old again? If not, can someone let my face know? I have a large amount of acne that I am constantly managing. Also, recent pictures have shown some new 33-year-old crowsfeet. Note to self: Must get/start using wrinkle cream.
5. Will there EVER be a day where Matt doesn't have to spend an hour caring for his WOUND from the July 4th accident? Will this EVER END? Seriously...there is a lot of mysterious ointment (I said it) and bandaging going on in the bathroom in the morning. I refuse to look. Lucy accidentally walked in the other day and I had to spend the whole day explaining "why Daddy has a hole in his leg." Absurd...
6. Got an inquiry to potentially work on a special event for a foundation in town. Ironically, I've been thinking about the whole "work" thing lately. Perhaps this might be a nice thing...I am looking into it further to see what kind of time commitment it might be but I am intrigued...intrigued....
7. How much candy corn can a person eat before getting a stomach ache? I intend to find out...

4 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

Candy Corn has yet to be introduced to Ireland...maybe you could set up an Candy Corn export company; that way you'd get that work satisfaction you're looking for and I'd get...
Candy Corn! Everyone's a winner.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger amanda said...

You are too funny... daddy has a hole in his leg... haha!

Oh, and yeah, I was just telling someone today that I've never seen myself looking so bad. I mean, I'm sleeping at least 8-9 hours a night, what's with the bags and circles?! haha! Not that you look bad, seriously, but I'm feeling your pain.

Interested in hearing more about the possible job-ish opportunity!! Exciting!

Ok, so this is SERIOUSLY the last from me (talk about a novel here). Candy corn?! Why don't you have good stuff like something gummy or chocolate! Come on now! I'm not allowing trips to Target lately. For one reason. Halloween candy. Oh those mini-twix KILL me.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Where are these pimples you speak of?
I do not see one, my friend.
Not a one.

Yay on the jobby-job prospect! Exciting, indeed...you must keep me posted.

And yes, Tomma is funny.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

The random questions meme -- at least it should be a meme. I have so much fun reading posts like this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger