Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, September 13, 2007

I Love Me a 4-Year-Old...

This afternoon, before we headed home for nap/quiet time, I stopped by a playground by my house for some last minute burn out. It was quiet for about 5 minutes until the 4-year-old preschool program at the school came running outside to attack the slide, swings, etc. Lucy was in her usual "shock and awe" but played with her cousin and was butt happy. Tommy and I were hanging by the large stairs/slide with some kids.
I love to talk to kids this age...I think they are hilarious and innocent and so PLG that it kills me. Some convos I had with these wads of hilarity:

Me: "What a great day out, huh?"
Kid: "Yeah...but my parents put me in LONG SLEEVE! (in a rage of fury)"
Me: "Dang! It was chilly this morning...maybe you could roll them up to your elbows like me and pretend they're short sleeved."
Random girl next to us: "Umm...they are still long sleeved."
Me: "Well, you can PRETEND and maybe you won't be quite so hot."
Kid: "O.k!" And ran away while simultaneously rolling up sleeves....

Kid: "My birthday is Sunday and Roger and Olivia are coming to my party at Chuckie Cheese!"
Me: "Wow! You are so lucky! Happy birthday!"
Kid: Smiling and looking off into the sky while on the swing, butt happy....

While Tommy climbs up the stairs on all 4's:
Kid: "I started climbing up the stairs on the day I was born!"
Me: "Wow! You were really skilled at a young age!"
(side note: I love to talk to kids this way, and I think/hope that is why Lucy says words like "Actually" and "Interestingly" on a regular basis)
Another kid listening: "Me too! Since I was born I could go down slides!"
Me: "YOU ALL ARE AMAZING!"
Kids: All starting at me smiling and beaming with pride...

It's all just PLG because they have no idea who I am. Just some nice mom hanging out at their school playground. And they are all so butt happy to talk to a grown-up about things and the topics are random and hilarious. And kids just kill me....I enjoy interacting with them more than the average person. I wonder what I will do when I grow up and if it will entail anything like this. Hhhmmm....

6 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Sister said...

I feel like I like kids way more than the average person too! Ironic. Ironic. Ironic.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Megz said...

When you decide to quite your day job, preschools and kindergarten classes everywhere need some good teachers.:)

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Megz said...

What I actually meant to write was "quit"...
Sheesh, spellcheck much, Richards???

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hilarious! . . .

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Too cute. I can't wait to have those funny conversations with Jack.

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Butt happy" cracks me up. Get it...butt happy...cracks? Ha!!

My nephew is 4 1/2 and I LOVE talking to him...our conversations are pretty much like the ones you had!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger