Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Spinning my Wheels to Eat the Pumpkin...

Now that my race is over, I am having a very hard time motivating myself to run long distances. Anything over 3 or 4 miles over the past 2 weeks has just been soooo hard to do. I guess I didn't realize how much having that "end of summer goal" helped to keep me moving. It doesn't help that I've had to run while pushing at least one child 99.9% of the time. After 30 minutes of pushing 60 lbs., I am pretty much all set.
In addition, what are with all the fall goodies??? This time of year is worse for me than the holidays EVER are. I love anything apple or pumpkin flavored. I eat apples with LOTS of caramel apple dip! I eat pumpkin muffins, pumpkin ice cream and pumpkin cake! I have violent urges for Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks every day at 3 p.m! I can't say NO to the damn pumpkin!
So between the lack of motivation to run and the eating...I am feeling like a big ole sack of Honey Crisp apples. Oh yeah, I love those too.

1 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Oh man am I down with the pumpkin goodness too. I made pumpkin pancakes for Jack yesterday... yummy. And hello, have you seen those insane cream cheese pumpkin muffins at Starbucks?? Mmmyummylalala.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger