Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First Day of Preschool...All About Tomma?



This morning was Lucy's first day of preschool. As you know, she went there for a toddler nursery school last year, so it didn't really feel like "a first" for us, but fun to have new teachers and kids in the 3's class! It's nice that there are a ton of new faces and potential friends this year. Lucy already made a little friend at orientation that she was excited to sit next to "during circle time" this morning.
But her biggest concern, which surprised me....was the Tomma. Some play-by-play in the car:
Lucy: "Now Tomma, don't be worried. I'll go to school and mom will take you to the grocery store. And maybe you'll get a cookie! A cookie, Tomma!"
Tomma: "Cook! Cook!"
Lucy: "That's right, big boy!"

Some other gems of the morning:
"Mom, I'm 3 years old now so I don't know if I'll even show Ms. Gloria my new school outfit." (2 year old teacher she has to walk by to get to new classroom)
For one fleeting moment: "Actually mom, I don't really want you to leave. But that's o.k." (moment gone.)

And at the end of the day, when I asked her what her favorite part was?
"Snack time."
Great. I'm paying the big bucks for crackers and cheese to be the highlight of her day. That's my gene pool, right there.

8 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger amanda said...

What a big girl!! haha! I love the conversation with Tommy! Painfully cute. Man, she's cute and so dang funny. Aren't you glad you're getting all of this down? She's going to love it one day.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Sister said...

That is so cute and PLG. Reminds me of "I wish my sister was here. I wish my sister was here..."

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I know it....I know it...

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ahhh, similar to Annie's favorite part: recess. As if she hasn't played at the playground nearly every single day this summer.

Also, I've started thinking of things as "PLG" and nobody else I know even gets it. What is it about these initials that is so perfectly descriptive of certain things? So silly.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Sister said...

Yes Stephanie...yes. Walk towards the PLG light and spread it around to your close circle!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Megz said...

I find many of the Cavanaugh-isms to be most useful in many a situation.

I'm so sure...

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

she looks absolutely adorable!!

we start preschool next week-so looking forward to it.

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How adorable is she?!! I can't stand it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger