Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, September 03, 2007

The Best "End of Summer"....

This past Labor Day weekend was truly one of the best weekends I can remember. It was a great mix of fun, friends, neighbors, swimming, Lake Michigan, alone time, couple time, and overall relaxation! We hung at the pool, went to the Lake, went out to dinner (child-free!) with friends, went running (9 miles! My farthest run yet!), and had quality time with Matt and the kiddos.
Lucy was in great spirits...with lots of spontaneous, "Know what, mom? I love you!" and "Mom? I am so glad you are my mom."
Tomma was hilarious with lots of smiles, laughs and screaming while keeping up with the big kids with sheer joy in his eyes.
It was a bitter sweet ending to a wonderful summer. At one point, it seemed our whole summer would be defined by Matt's leg injury over the 4th of July. But somehow, we made sure that didn't happen. The kids and I have had a total blast every week. We made the most of every day and I really feel like we did everything I wanted to do this summer. Beaches, picnics, parks, play dates, farmer's markets, walks, outside with neighbors and friends, gymnastics, pool time. Who could ask for more? And in our little town, school starts tomorrow. For our house, we have preschool orientation on Thursday. I like that I still have my little "babies" still hanging with me, while everyone else preps for the "school schedule." I am thinking I can maybe squeeze a couple more picnics in over the next two weeks. Yipee!

4 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome!!

Me? I'm all "WHERE did the summer GO!?" Got very little done that I wanted to and that? Makes me not happy.

But, there's a month or three left of decent weather so, I shall do it NOW!!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger MB said...

We were on Lake Michigan this weekend - I wish we could of connected. It was beautiful....no wind and the perfect temperture. It sounds like you had a great summer. Enjoy the toddler stage...it was so hard for me to send Brielle and Gracen off to a full day of school today. Shaelyn, Will and I are going to be a bit lost without them. Will is getting so big and Shaelyn is going to preschool next week. Life is going to get so hectic again, but thinking back to a great summer gives me energy to get through another school year! Give Lucy and Tommy hugs from us. MB

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Megz said...

What a great summer it has been, indeed...here's to an even better fall! Bring on the apple orchard playdates and walks up to Reeds Lake...:)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I love this... reminds me of home. The "end of summer" is so differnt here. Wish we were there!! I know, sounds crazy, because our summer will continue to go on until November, but seriously, I can't stand it. I'm so ready for fall.

I'm so glad it was a great summer for you guys. Isn't it great to look back and smile on all that you accomplished and all of the fun stuff you did as a family? I love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger