Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tomma Tells It Like He Wants It!

Most afternoons this summer, after Tommy wakes up from his nap, we head outside for some pre-dinner outside fun. Sometimes I put Tommy in the stroller with a snack and, with Lucy on her bike, we make a round or two around the block.
Today, I was just going to let Tommy run around in the front yard with toys. The kid slept 3 hours this afternoon (after skipping the a.m. nap). Wowza!
As we headed to the garage, Tommy went to the car trunk and was pointing at it (where I keep the stroller). I asked, "Don't you want to play with toys?" and he gave me the sign for "eat."
"O.k. kid, we'll stroller around a bit with a snack!"
I was laughing inside....this was really the first time he told me what HE wanted, and it was not what I had planned at all. I mean, he has shown me what he wants by pointing and pushing things away - but this was a real milestone (or so I thought, anyway)!
He has been really saying a lot lately....new obsessions are "Dog" (or anything that looks remotely like one) and "Dora."
Oh my Tomma Shalomma! (side note: I have noticed the neighborhood kids are calling him "Tomma"...ha ha...love it...)

4 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger Sister said...

haha - I love that the nieghbor kids are calling him that! What if it catches on for LIFE!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

ahhh three hour naps! lucky lucky you.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Tomma! I love it. Don't those milestones really make you feel all fuzzy inside? So proud. :)

ps. I'm painfully jealous of the three hour nap! I had one day with a three hour nap. And not even close since. haha!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Megz said...

He IS a Tomma. Doggone cute, that one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger