Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Friday, August 17, 2007

It All Started Cause I Was Bored...

Lucy was 6 months old and I knew the winter would get long, so I asked my neighbor if she'd like to start a friday playgroup with her son and the little baby girl who lived behind them. That was almost 3 years ago. We slowly added acquaintances...who became friends, sounding boards, US Weekly discussers, breastfeeding chatterers, sleep deprivation analyzers, who's hot on Grey's Anatomy talkers...
And then we started running together, preschooling together, evening drinking together, and just generally becoming part of each other's lives.
It's hard to believe I've been back home from Colorado for over 5 years now. Having been a stay-at-home mom most of that time, I can't tell you how grateful I am for the friendships and connections I have made. In a nutshell, I guess I am proud of what we've created. What started as a way to fight the winter blues, has become a full-blown support system of great woman and fun kids that I get to call my friends. Happy Anniversary, crew! Preschool schedules may shake things up a bit this fall, but I know the friendships will last.

6 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Sister said...

Very cute! Friends are good!

(ps. This picture makes me nervous...all those kids are hanging off the end of a cliff!)

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

ha ha...what you don't see are the people (grandmas) hovering around the bleachers in case of that!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Holy Moses! This group is HUGE! Where do you all meet? I don't think I would have enough room in my house for that many people! haha!

Sounds like a great group. It's always good to have other mom friends you can discuss sleep issues or Grey's Anatomy with.

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome!! I've thought SO many times of trying to start a playgroup. But, haven't. Afraid, mostly. I'm a chicken.

Congrats on three years of friendships!! Hope you have many more!!

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Mommyca said...

Wow! That is soo neat! I wish I had other mommy friends around here like that!

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger loveball said...

haha..old post I know but I've been behind on my blog reading these days. Lucy looks tough - like she's totally the leader of the playgroup gang. Do NOT mess with Lucy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger