Your Mom...

Somethin' for the Kiddies....

Monday, August 13, 2007

Shake, Rattle and Roll...

Every couple of weeks, God likes to hit me with a kick you in your a** kind of day. And today was that day, my friends.
It started out with a playdate for Lucy - a little girlfriend from her preschool. Lucy is struggling with sharing toys with girls her age, on her own turf. Interestingly, she's sweet as pie with 5 year old girls. With boys, she is just fine. It just seems to be girls she views as her "peer." She gets all "hell no" about her toys and likes to remind the girl, "You can't take that home."
"O.k. Lucy...they get it. Keep it moving."
It gets pretty frustrating and exhausting, to say the least. A few hours of lovely playtime later, I was pretty much ready to pull my hair out. The lovely "break" I expected while Tommy napped and the girls played gleefully in the basement um, never happened. So that left me whooped to begin with. Little did I know my day had just begun...
I get a call from Matt in a panic..."I'm driving to the hospital! My leg wound popped open and I am bleeding through my pants into the car!" To back up a bit, his water-skiing leg injury from the 4th of July vacation is still healing. The muscles are getting much, much stronger but the actual thigh wound didn't seem to want to heal. Until today, when it busted through and decided to relieve the pressure...in a dramatic way. One hour later, I've got kids at the neighbors, a mother n law on her way over from the other side of the state, and I'm sitting in the surgical waiting room, waiting for Matt to get out of surgery.
When all is said and done, he is in great shape. They cleaned out the area, removed the wound completely, and he should heal and be moving on much more quickly. Just a bit more drama than I needed on a random Monday.
I have to say - I have learned to roll with the punches much more these days. Things are a bit unpredictable and nutty with kids in general, and if you throw in a few surprises, you just gotta roll. I didn't used to roll real well, but I'm getting better. It was a rough day for the entire household, but it's almost over. Oh, except for Tommy who loved every minute of the crazy day and exploring the neighbor's house. And now, at 8 p.m. I shall finally shower for the first time today. Ridiculous...

6 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Megz said...

I can't believe the mayhem!
Things sure stay lively for you guys these days...I mean, "Guuu-awww!" LOL:)

I'll call you in the morning.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Megz said...

Oh, and after a day like that, take a minute to sit, relax, enjoy a glass of wine maybe...and let out a nice, healthy "Baaarrrb!"

Feel better already, don't ya?

I thought so.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Bridget said...

Ouch, what a day. Hope your tomorrow is more relaxed!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Oh my craziness, what a day! I'm glad it's over. What a great attitude, seriously. You handle this stuff a whole lot better than I would. Hope Matt's leg is doing better. Poor guy. Geez.

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow--that's alot for one day!! Hope Matt's recovering well and feeling better!!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Sister said...

Poor Mad Matt...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



My Photo
Name:

I'm a 39 year old stay-at-home mom. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I have lived in the big city and in the mountains, but am happy to be back in the Midwest, raising the fam. I enjoy laughing, wine, bad karaoke, US Weekly, running, cemetaries, cheese sticks and short hair-dos. In my previous life, I was class-clown and a wanna-be comedian. In my professional life, I'm a journalism major with 10 years of marketing and PR experience. I dream of being a cast member on Saturday Night Live and working at Disney World as Snow White.

Powered by Blogger